Jun 10, 2012

beef carnival

 A couple of days ago, we heard the news that the Korean BBQ restaurant, which my family and relatives often used to go, would be closed today so we decided to be one of their last guests. So my mom's older brother and sister, her younger brother's family and my family gathered at the restaurant. It's been years since the last time my family had dinner there as we had found another restaurant to go.

 Anyway, the fiesta started. The first dish was sliced tongue, just like as we always do. Beef tongue is one of my favorite parts of the beef. I was kinda sad though some were a bit too salty and were not at all. Inconsistent seasoning: minus1point. Fortunately, I had sliced leeks and lemon.


 Then the next was rumen. Have you tried it? It tastes light and chunky but usually marinated with garlic so you can imagine the taste, right? It's surprising cows have four stomachs, isn't it!! And all of them are edible!! We also had intestines. It was slimy and had the unique taste. I don't know how I can define this taste.


 We also enjoyed cheek part and loin part. Then I ordered a hot stone-bowl rice a.k.a pibimpap as my last dish. I forgot to take a photo before mixing. It was so steaming hot that I was able to hear the sound of rice being fried. The amount of rice was disappointingly less and there wasn't a spinach in the bowl, though it was okay after all since I had been already stuffed.


 However, I thought they could've done something more for their clients and set aside their earnings considering it was their last day.

 Anyway, we gave bouquets to the owner then we left the restaurant. Congratulations for their over 10 years of good food and happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment