Jun 12, 2012

cupcake wars

 What do you come up with first when you hear "cupcake?" If you ask me, it'll be Magnolia Bakery from Sex and the City. I didn't watch all seasons but somehow I know it's a Carry Bradshaw's favorite shop. When I went to NY for the first time, I passed by this famous bakery and saw heaps of people waiting in a long line.
 To be honest, I'm not that into cupcakes because of the frosting. It's a little too sweet for me. Though, I like the style: pastel colors, toppings...it can be so creative!

 I found this tv programme named "cupcake wars." In this show, 4 talented bakers battle it out in making cupcakes based on a certain theme. Every episode has three rounds, and in each round, one baker will get eliminated.



 The first round was that they had to bake one cupcake including 6 ingredients namely, pumpkin, oats, molasses, apricots, currants and kale. Kale is a killer. I have completely no idea how to bake a cupcake with it. I mean, I can make a dessert using the other ingredients, but kale? It's a green vegetable, right? So how?? I even can't imagine how the cupcakes which the bakers made taste like.
 The second and the third round, they also need to make a presentation. They have to make three cupcakes inspired by Spiderman's enemies. I'm not a big fan of spiderman so I didn't know which is which but I know Green goblin. And here's the Green Goblin inspired key lime cupcake that one of the contestants baked. Looks yummy, doesn't it? As for the rest of the cupcakes, I honestly do not the character from which they were based. Perhaps you could help me figure out?


 You can see more cakes from this baker here

 Watching this show made me feel like baking something. Hmmm, what should I bake? I like baking Italian hard cookies called biscotti but I'll try something new this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment