Jun 27, 2012

Chicken wings

 When I was in the Philippines, I was able to try BonChon Chicken for the first time. There is no BonChon in Japan yet. I like the skin of their chicken wings, which is very crispy and has a soy garlic taste. It seems that BonChon Chicken is the best chicken ever. BonChon started in Busan, South Korea, then opened the first branch in New Jersey, US. Their chicken is fried twice so the skin becomes crunchier and less greasy.


 However, I highly recommend one restaurant that serves, in my opinion, tastier chicken. "Yama-chan of the world" was established in Nagoya, the middle part of Japan. Nagoya is famous for chicken wings and this restaurant (or you can say Japanese style bar) is the most popular chicken-wing restaurant.  Their chicken wings are made spicy not by chili pepper but by black pepper.

 A friend of mine and I went to a branch in Kyoto at 6:15 but it was already full of reservation. Only seats at the counter were available. We didn't have choice so we sat there. You can see staff woking so hard.


 It costs 400 yen for 5 wings. This is 5 wings but my friend and I already ate 20 wings. Hehehehe.


 I must say that these chicken wings are perfect with beer!! We drank three pitchers of beer. That was too much, though!!


 One thing that made me a bit scared there was that the restaurant had special menus which were cooked with ingredients from Tohoku region(northeast Japan). Hmmm, of course they use uncontaminated ingredients but still we have to be conscious about food to keep away from radiation, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment