Jun 14, 2012

dad's birthday

 Last Sunday was my dad's birthday but my relatives and I went out for dinner that day. Besides, my sisters had something to do and couldn't join us so we postponed my dad's celebration to today. Nowadays, we celebrate simply with some pieces of cake; no hearty food, no whole cake, no song. Sounds sad? Not really.

 This morning, my mom and I drove to the city to buy cakes (or rather say she drove. LOL) but we dropped by an electronic center first. My mom had been thinking about buying a new washing machine since the one we had started making scary noise. At the center, we checked some washing machines and both agreed to purchase Panasonic, which has silent-operation and eco-washing features. Luckily, we had accumulated cash vouchers which can be used in the center so we didn't have to pay anything at all! hahaha!! I love it.
 Then, I checked the new MacBook Pro with Retina display, which is released two days ago. It was really impressive but I was more attracted to iMac. Apple hasn't updated their iMac models but it is definitely a better replacement for our living room computer, which is pathetically slow and outdated. Also, we bought a LAN cable for the internet there and left for a department store next to the center.

 We headed straight to the confectionery are and looked around pastry shops. I found a beautiful display at a pastry. I really wanted to show it here though the sales clerk said no when I asked if I could take a pic. That's so Japanese. I understand but what could I do with it? Right? I won't copy the design right. Anyway, we bought cakes at another store and went home.
 As soon as we got home, I replaced the old cable with the new one that I bought at the center to make the internet faster. The speed was 20Mbps before and it became 13Mbps after I exchanged. Huh? I bought the better cable and it got slower!! I changed some setting but it was too complicated for me!! Finally, I set it back to 20Mbps again after all but I expected it would become over 50Mbps...why why why? give up!!

 And these are the cakes we bought!! Blueberry tart, Cherry tart, chocolate cake and Macha & sweet red bean cake from PATISSERIE TOOTH TOOTH. Which do you like??


I chose this.


Happy 60th Birthday, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment